Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Apache Cornbread

I spend a lot of time looking for new recipes.  When I find a good one that I want to share, I thought I'd post it here! 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1
Cup
Corn meal
1
Cup
Milk
1
Cup
Flour
1/4
Cup
Shortening
4
Tsp
Baking powder
1
Large
Egg
1/2
Tsp
Salt
1
Can
Creamed corn

Mix together and set aside.

1
Pound
Ground beef
2
Large
Onions
1
Small can
Jalapeño peppers (diced)
2
Small cans
Green Chilies (diced)
1/2
Pound
Sharpe cheddar cheese


Finely chop onions.  Brown ground beef & sauté onions.  When just about done, add peppers.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Grate the cheese.

Pour 1/2 corn meal mixture into a well greased iron skillet.  Add beef mixture.  Top with cheese.  Cover with remaining corn meal mixture. 

Bake at 425 for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment: